Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Favorites!

 For some reason I love reading about what products people are using and what their favorites are. Right now these are my favorites. I apologize for it being a huge list but I couldn't narrow it down! I pinky promise that future favorites lists will be a lot shorter!


Philosophy - Purity One step facial cleanser. 

I am obsessed with this cleanser! I ordered this off of Sephora a month or so ago and I use it every time I wash my face. It is a one step cleanser which means that it removes your makeup, cleanses your skin and acts like a toner as well. It also claims it moisturizes too, but I find that you still need to moisturize after. It is fragrance free and good for all skin types which is nice. I used to have a problem finding a good cleanser because I felt like everything made my face feel so tight and dry afterwards but this doesn't. 



Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray for thirsty skin relief.

 This I have had for ages and I will admit that I do not use it all the time but whenever I remember to use it, I remember that I love it. It is just a face mist that you spray on to add a bit of moisture to your face. I love this in the summer or after a workout when you are hot because it feels so nice and cool on the skin. I also have been using this lately over top of my makeup and it seems to almost set my makeup better than my other setting spray. If you aren't familiar with Clinique, their products are all hypoallergenic and fragrance free so they are safe for sensitive skin. 


L'Oreal Youth Code- Texture Perfector day/night cream and L'Oreal Youth Code - Texture Perfector Serum concentrate 

I just discovered these after hearing rave reviews from a couple beauty bloggers. The words "texture perfector" really stood out to me since I have keratosis pilaris (characterized by dry rough bumps "chicken skin" and redness on arms and face in my case) and I am always looking for something to reduce the rough texture of my cheeks. You are supposed to cleanse your face and then apply the serum and the day/night cream over top. I have only been using these for a week or so now, so I haven't seen great improvement in my skins texture but they leave me feeling moisturized and they smell nice. Not to mention the bright pink packaging is amazing. (I'm a fan of packaging.) 



FAB Ultra Repair Cream

The bottle says that it is intense hydration for dry parched skin. I received this in a sample pack from Sephora and was super pumped because in the description online, it mentions that it is good for KP. This stuff is seriously amaze balls. I recommend this to anyone with dry skin. It is definitely a thick cream so I just use it at night time or on days when I'm not going to be wearing makeup. I just recently placed an order with Sephora to get the full size one and it should arrive next week. This stuff just feels sooooo nice on the skin and I have noticed my skin is noticeably softer and less bumpy. This also has no smell. I'll say it again, amaze balls. 

Josie Maran 100 % Argan Oil 

Another product I am obsessed with!! I got this in the sample packs from Sephora as well. 

As a side note, I bought two sample packs from Sephora a month or so ago and each had about 10 products to try. I am glad I ordered this because it allowed me to try out tons of different skin care products without having to drop a ton of cash on the full size bottles. All but a couple of the samples are big. A lot of them will last me a few months to be honest. So if you are looking for new skin care items, I would check these out on Sephora's website. I will do a review of these products later on so stay tuned!

Anyways, back to the argan oil. This stuff is amazing. It is pure argan oil. I was a little hesitant about using this at first because I assumed that if I put oil on my face it would make me break out with a million zits. Well I was wrong! This stuff makes my skin so freaking soft. You just put a few drops (I use 4) on your hands and then rub it all over your face. It is a heavy oil so I only use this at nighttime. I pair this with my FAB repair cream at bedtime and my skin is still so crazy soft and moisturized in the morning and I have had less blemishes using the oil than I did before. They even recommend this for oily skin. I will say however that the full size bottles are a bit pricy so I think that when I am starting to run low I will just try and order a no name argan oil off of Amazon or somewhere and try that since essentially it will be the exact same product. 

Maybelline Baby Skin instant pore eraser

This is the only primer that I have tried that I actually like. I wouldn't say that it erases your pores but I do find that it smooths out my skin and makes it look a little less dry and rough. It is definitely worth a try!



L'Oreal True Match Lumi foundation - W 1-2 porcelain/light/ivory

This is also the first foundation that I have truly loved. I believe it is targeted for drier skin types and it is supposed to illuminate your skin and give you a dewy finish. I just love this foundation because it matches my skin tone perfectly and feels like a lotion when I apply it. It does give me a bit of a glow and the wear time is great. This has become my go to foundation that I wear every time I wear makeup. 



Hard Candy Glamoflauge Lite blendable concealer duo in ultra light. 

I just recently bought this concealer and I love it so far. I have the normal Glamoflauge concealer which is a heavy duty cream concealer that can cover just about anything. I found that it was a little too thick and wasn't great to cover under eye circles with so I thought I would try the lite stick version and I like it. It has two sides on it. One is to correct and the other is to highlight. It isn't my favorite concealer but I like to have a stick concealer for quick touch ups when I'm headed out the door. 

e.l.f.  Under eye concealer and highlighter in fair/glow

I only use this for the highlighter because the concealer side is not the right shade for me. I love using this as a highlighter though because since I am so fair skinned, every highlighter I have tried has been too dark. This highlighter is super white so it actually highlights my almost super white skin. 

Maybelline Dream Lumi touch highlighting concealer in radiant

Most people that I have talked to that have used this concealer use it as a highlighter but all the shades that I have tried are too dark to highlight. The radiant shade is a pinkier shade which works perfectly to cover up my suuuper dark circles.

Maybelline fit me concealer in fair 

I just purchased this a few weeks ago and I honestly do not know why I didn't buy it earlier. It is an amazing concealer and so many beauty bloggers rave about it. It has great coverage yet still feels light and doesn't settle into lines or crease under the eyes. It is amazing. 

Maybelline fit me shine free foundation in pure beige 

I use this skin foundation to contour. This is in the shade 235 pure beige and my normal one I use as a quick foundation is 110 porcelain so this one is quite a few shades darker than my skin tone. This works amazing for a nice matte contour and it is so quick and easy. You just draw it on and blend it out and within seconds you have a great contour.



e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit in light

This kit comes with a brow gel/cream and a setting powder. I love that it comes in a little compact and the shade works perfectly although I was worried after I placed my order online that it was going to be too light since I meant to order it in medium. But I am glad I got light because I think medium would have been too dark. I don't really use the setting powder at all.

e.l.f Eyebrow Lifter and Filler in ivory/light

I only use the filler side of this pencil because the lifter side is again too dark for my skin tone. This I use on days when I just need to fill in my eyebrows super quick. The only downfall is that it is a thick pencil so it is hard to be precise. I do love that it has a sharpener right in the lid though! I think that the color could be a little darker though but I recently ordered a medium shade in my latest e.l.f order so stay tuned for a haul post. 

L'Oreal color Riche eyebrow pencil in deep brown

This is my tried and true eyebrow pencil. It was the first one I ever tried and I love it. I alsolove that the opposite end has a little brush for unruly eyebrow hairs. 
 


Rimmel Scandeleyes in nude

I love using this in my waterline to make my eyes look bigger and to make me look more awake. I used to use a white eyeliner pencil for this but I like the nude shade a lot better.

Maybelline Master Smoky eyeliner in scorching brown, smoking charcoal and black smoke

If you can't tell, I love this liner. It is a thick crayon stick that you twist up hon one end and a smudging sponge on the other. I use this for a smokey look and as normal eyeliner. The color lasts all day and they are bold dark colors which I love. The only downfall is that they are thick and once you wear down the point it is harder to get a small line with them. But none the less, I use these every day.



Maybelline Great Lash Big mascara in blackest black

I'm sure everyone remembers this mascara brand as probably the first one they ever tried. I sure do. It is amazing though and there is a reason that so many people use it. It has a big brush and a great formula to leave your lashes looking long and full. 

L'Oreal voluminous carbon black mascara 

I love this mascara because it is BLACK! The wand is the style I like with the big bushy brush. The only downfall is that it gets your whole face black when you remove it and it clumps if you put on too many coats.

Covergirl Flamed Out mascara in very black blaze

This is my favorite mascara to use on top of another mascara. It has a peanut shaped brush which is perfect for moulding eyelashes to a longer, fuller shape. I don't like to use this alone though because I find the the mascara isn't that fantastic but the brush is amazing and just gives my other mascara the extra help that it needs.

Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara 

This is a sample size but I will most likely purchase the full size one in the future. This mascara makes my lashes look so stinking long and curled that I don't necessarily need to use my flamed out mascara over top. 

e.l.f Volume Plumping mascara in black

This is a great inexpensive mascara. The brush on it is huge and it actually does great things with my eyelashes. The best part is that I think I paid $3.00 for this. 


 

I haven't been a massive fan of lipgloss lately but these are my favorites.

Maybelline Color Sensational, The Elixir lipgloss in nude illusion

This is the perfect nude lipstick. It feels like butter and is not very sticky which I love because I hate that sticky feeling that lipgloss tends to have. 

Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in pango peach

I recently purchased this lipgloss and I love it so far. It is a perfect peachy color which a little sparkle too it and it isn't a very sticky formula as well. 

  

For some reason I have been obsessed with lipsticks lately. 


Maybelline Color Whisper lipstick in mad for magenta

I love the Color Whisper line because they are nice light, almost glossy, lipsticks that are perfect for casual every day use. This is a great purply plum color that I have been obsessed with lately. 

Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Crush

I love these lasting finish lipsticks because I feel like I get a lot of wear out of them and don't have to apply them as often. This is a great orangey coral color that I find works great with my super pale skin. 

Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in peachy scene

I love Maybelline lipsticks if you can't tell. This one is an amazing peachy pink color that is perfect for spring and any daytime look in my opinion. 

Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in shocking coral

This is a great lipstick! The color is so bright and shocking as the title suggests. I can't wait to wear this color this spring and I find that whenever I put it on (which I'll admit isn't super often because I'm not brave enough) I feel so dressed up and bright and I feel like it's going to be a good day!

Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in rosetto

I was on the hunt for the perfect true nude lipstick that was just nude and not a pink or peachy color and this is it. I love to pair this underneath of my nude illusion lipgloss. 

Rimmel lasting finish lipstick in Airy Fairy

This is another great basic day time pinky color. 

And last but not least.. 
Too Faced A Few of my Favorite Things palette.   

I received this as a Christmas present this last year from my mom and this has basically been all I've used for eyeshadow since.  It comes with 20 eyeshadows, 2 blushes and two bronzers in a little bag and it also came with the Better Than Sex mascara sample and a plumping lip gloss. 


These eyeshadows are amazing.  There is a mix of matte shades and sparkly ones and some of them are super sparkly!  The color pigment is amazing and they stay on all day! My favourite every day colors are cream colored ponies, crisp apple strudel, Woolen mittens and soirée. I love these eyeshadows so much! 


I thought I would share the blush and Bronzer as well although I don't use them very often. I have naturally very red cheeks, so unless the redness is extremely toned down, I don't bother with blush because I don't need it. These bronzers are great and I have seen the Chocolate Soleil one on several favorites posts but both shades are just a little too dark for me.


I apologize again for this being so long! I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my current favorites! 

xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment