Thursday, June 5, 2014

Elf obsession Part One!

So if you don't know already, I have a bit of an Elf obsession. I just love their makeup line. If you haven't tried any of their products before you definitely should. I have never seen it in stores around me so I'm not sure if any Canadian stores carry it but I always order it online. Every week they have a new deal it seems like. Sometimes it is a buy one get one half or free, sometimes if you spend a certain amount you get free stuff and sometimes it is just a percentage off or free shipping. I placed an order May 1 and another one May 27th. The only reason I placed a second order was because there were a couple things that were sold out when I placed the first order that I really wanted.  So needless to say, I went a little bit overboard...here is the first order I placed.

EYES:
                                   




Prism Eyeshadow Palette in Naked - This is a little palette with 6 different neutral shades. I love how this palette looks in the case. The shadows are all gorgeous warm neutrals with an amazing sheen and shimmer to them. They feel very smooth and creamy and not very chalky like some of Elf's shadows are known to feel. The fourth and fifth shadows look almost identical so I do wish that they would have replaced one of them with a different shade. They don't seem to have a lot of fall out which is great They have great pigmentation and they blend out amazingly. This palette is also available in two other shades, one is a smokey palette and the other one has pink and purple shadows. This palette is one of the more expensive items that elf has and it retails at $10.00.

                                      


Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini in Brights - This is a palette with 32 shadows. There is a combination of neutral and bright shadows but they are all shimmery. These shadows feel creamy but they are a little chalky. With a primer they seem to be long wearing. Not all of the shadows are as pigmented as I would have liked. I seem to only reach for this palette when I am wanting a bright shadow. I do wish that I would have bought the neutral palette instead because I have heard great things about that one and I just don't get a lot of wear out of this one. $6.00.



                                              

Top 16 Shades
Bottom 16 Shades
   

Essential Wet Gloss and Clear Brow Mascara - Excuse the picture of this one. I have been using it a lot lately on my brows after I fill them in and then it carries product into the tube and ends up just looking gross. Why do they even make a clear tube for it? Nobody wants to see that! I have yet to use the wet gloss but I do enjoy using the clear brow mascara. It is the first clear brow mascara that I have used and I like it but I don't feel like it is the most amazing brow mascara that is out there. I am definitely interested in trying others. I feel like this one puts on a lot of product so sometimes it makes my brows look wet and it uses up extra product so it won't last long. $1.00

Liquid Eyeliner in Black - this is the famous elf liquid liner and I had to pick it up. When I wear liquid eyeliner I prefer a felt tip pen style instead of a brush. This is super black and I love it but I am still getting used to using a brush instead. $1.00.

Pixie wet dry on top and wet on bottom, Moonlit Serenade and
Champagne
Baked Eye shadows in Pixie and Moonlit Serenade- I was very excited for these because I have heard some great things about them. These are super shimmery and sparkly. You can use they wet or dry and personally I think that they are not pigmented at all dry and just look like sparkles but when they are wet they are sooo beautiful and so pigmented.  Pixie is this gorgeous rose gold color and Moonlit Serenade is a champagne, gold sparkly color. $3.00

Waterproof Eyeliner Crayon in Champagne - this is a twist up eye crayon that can be used as a shadow or a liner. I think that it is more of a bronze/copper shade instead of a champagne and it does have chunks of glitter in it which I don't love. It is very pigmented and long lasting and is seriously waterproof. $3.00


FACE:

                                      


Maximum Coverage Concealer in Porcelain - this is an oil free concealer and it is supposed to be full coverage. I don't feel like it is full coverage and it is definitely not porcelain. It is too dark for me so I very rarely use this so unfortunately I don't have too much to say about it. $3.00

Studio Blush in Peachy Keen - I love these blushes. I had one already in Candid Coral and I used it constantly This is a gorgeous peach color with a little bit of shimmer to it. It works perfectly for my pale skin. They feel so smooth and so buttery on the skin and I am obsessed! $3.00.

Baked Highlighter in Moonlit Pearls - This looks almost identical to the Baked eye shadows. It is in the exact same packaging and seems like the exact same formula. Moonlit pearls is a pinky white highlighter and it is a very nice light highlight. $3.00 

Flawless Concealer brush - This is an amazing brush that I don't really use for concealer but I use it as a blending brush for my eye shadow. I just love the studio line brushes so much. They are really good quality and wash so great. I really recommend these brushes! $3.00


LIPS:

                              



Essentials Lipsticks in Classy, Flirtatious, and Charming - These are the best lipsticks! They are so creamy and buttery and super pigmented. And the best part? They are only $1.00!! Classy is an amazing cool tones purple pink color, Flirtatious is this bright reddish pink color and Charming is a deeper rosy pink color. The smell of these are great! They smell fruity! The only thing I do not like about these is the packaging. They look alright but they are very cheap feeling and some times they are hard to turn up, it feels like they are jamming. 




Moisturizing Lipsticks in Party in the buff and Flirty and Fabulous - These are the studio line lipsticks so they are the higher quality. The packaging is a lot better than the essential lipsticks. These are super moisturizing and smooth and the color pay off is amazing. These smell so freaking good too. They smell like vanilla and brown sugar. Party in the Buff is a coral nude shade and Flirty and Fabulous is a cool tone hot pink. They are amazing! $3.00.

Studio Lip Stain in Heartbreaker - These have a lip stain on one end and a clear gloss on the other. This shade is very similar to Party in the Buff. It is a coral nude color that goes on like a gloss and and dry matte. I do love this shade and I like the formula but I can't just leave it without a gloss or lipstick on top because I feel like it is very drying. I do like the clear gloss over the top because it feels like a very thin gloss that isn't sticky. The stain has decent wear time but I do have to reapply throughout the day. $3.00

Studio Glossy Gloss in Ballet Slippers - This gloss has a brush wand instead of a doe foot applicator like most. I do like the brush but when I got mine, the bristles of the brush were already all fanned out so it doesn't go back into the tube nicely and they stick out all over the place when you try to apply it to your lips. Other than that the shade is again, very similar to Party in the Buff and Heartbreaker. They are pretty pigmented and are not too sticky for my taste. $3.00

Classy, Flirtatious, Charming, Party in the Buff, Flirty and Fabulous, Heartbreaker, Ballet Slippers.
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment