Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Skin care routine

Hey gorgeous! I have been obsessed with skin care lately and decided to post my skin care routine and products for you! If you don't know, I have super dry skin and also have Keratosis Pilaris on my cheeks and arms. My cheeks are rough and bumpy and super red. I always have very dark circles under my eyes as well. 

Morning: 

Step 1: WASH YOUR FACE!


I was always one of those people that thought that it was only important to wash your face at night time. Actually I was one of those people who went to sleep with makeup on and then took most of it off with a face wipe in the morning and started all over again. Then I discovered how important it is to wash your face in the morning. When you sleep you sweat and all the toxins come out of your pores. If you don't wash your face you are just letting your pores reabsorb the gunk and sealing it in with makeup. Now if I don't wash my face in the morning I feel dirty all day.  To wash my face I use the Philosophy Purity one step facial cleanser. I used to use this with my fingers but I picked up a cheap $10 walmart clairisonic knock off to try out. I really want a clairisonic but haven't taken the plunge to buy one myself yet but I'm hoping to get one for Mother's Day this year. I decided to grab this cheap one from walmart mostly to see if I would use it every day or if it would be tossed aside. If I didn't like using it then I probably wouldn't like using the clairisonic. But I do like it. It came with a sponge end and a brush end. I use the brush end on low speed with a bit of cleanser and go over my face until it feels clean. Then I wipe the cleanser off with warm water and a face cloth and then rinse once with very warm water, once with cold water to close my pores and then pat my face dry with a towel. 

Step 2: TONER



 With the Purity cleanser you don't actually need toner but I like to use a toner as well. I either use the Clinique extra mild cleansing lotion or the Nivea Gentle Toner. I just put a bit on a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face to remove the rest of the gunk on my face and balance out my skin.

Step 3: MOISTURE BABY!


Moisurizing is very very important, even if you have oily skin. If you have dry skin obviously you don't have enough oil on your skin so you need to hydrate and add oil. But if you are oily your face is producing so much oil because it isn't getting enough moisture so your body thinks it needs to make more. So moisturize the heck out of your skin! I use whatever moisurizer I feel like using that day. If I'm going to put my makeup on right away I will use a lighter moisurizer like the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+  but if I'm not wearing makeup I will almost always throw on my FAB Ultra Repair Cream all over my face and neck.

Nighttime: 

Step 1: REMOVE MAKEUP



I like to use face wipes to clean off my makeup. I use either the Equate Facial Cleansing Towelettes or the Pond's Cleansing and Exfoliating Towelettes. I just use these all over my face and eyes to get off as much makeup as I can. I like to rub my lashes between my fingers with the cloths to get off all my mascara. 

Step 2: CLEANSE

I do this the exact same way as in the morning! 

Step 3: EXFOLIATE


Next I exfoliate. Since I have KP my skin gets super bumpy with build up so I need to exfoliate often. My favorite exfoliator right now is the new St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon and Mandarin Orange Scrub. It says that it is a moderate exfoliator so it is not too harsh and not too gentle. It smells AMAZING and it is a cream base. I love that it has natural exfoliants in it as well. I don't do this every night though. I use this 3-4 times a week and that it also what is recommended on the bottle. 

Step 4: MASK



Next I will use a mask. I only use a mask once or maybe twice a week. I have quite a few but my most used one is the Lush Mask of Magnaminty. It can be used on the face and body and is amazing. It smells like peppermint and looks like mint chocolate chip ice cream. If you don't like mint you won't like this because it is powerful and makes your face cool and tingle when it is on. I put this on and leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse it off. 

Step 3: TONER

Again this is the exact same as I do in the morning.



Step 5: EYE CREAM

Next I apply an eye cream beneath my eye and above on my brow bone. My favorite one is the Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel. I got this one in a sample size and it will honestly last me forever! You just need a very small amount.

Step 6: OIL

My favorite step! I use the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil. I just put about 4 drops onto my fingertips, rub them together and then apply it all over my face. You will be super greasy feeling afterwards but I promise you will love it. 

Step 7: MOISTURIZE! NIGHT CREAM!

I like to moisturize the crap out of my face at bedtime. I was just using the FAB Ultra Repair Cream but lately I have been so obsessed with the Hope In A Jar Night cream. I am just using the sample size from Sephora but just ordered the full sized one. It is a thick cream and sooo hydrating. It leaves my skin feeling so soft even in the morning. 

 So that's my morning and nighttime skin care routine! Skin care is very important and hopefully this helped you out a bit! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment