Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Mario Badescu

At the beginning of the year I tried to purchase Mario Badescu Skin Care products but didn't have any luck. I couldn't find them at a department store in Canada and American department stores online wouldn't ship to Canada. I went on the Mario Badescu website but it would have been around $40.00 just for shipping which seemed a little steep. Then a while later I found the products in a flash sale on Haute Look which was amazing because the prices were cheaper and they shipped to Canada! I was super pumped because I have heard such amazing things about the skin care products and they have so many options for different skin types.


First up I ordered the Alpha Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion. This bottle is huge! I doubt I will ever use up this much toner, especially since I am guilty of not using toner as much as I should! As described on the bottle, this is a citrus based toner that refreshes and exfoliates your skin. It has aloe to calm sensitive skin and seaweed extract to nourish dry skin.  So far I really like this. With most toners I tend to feel drier after using them but not with this one. It smells great and leaves my skin feeling super clean without feeling extra dry. The only minor thing I don't like about this is that it is an orange color so it is hard to tell if you have gotten your face completely clean by looking at the cotton pad.


Next I had to purchase the Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater because I have heard a ton of people rave about this facial spray. It says you can use it to set your makeup, soothe your skin or add a bit of moisture. I love this! It smells just like roses but isn't too overpowering. It is very refreshing and is perfect for the hot summer days. I use this to set my makeup and I think it does a pretty decent job of making my makeup last a bit longer. This definitely goes with me when I'm spending a long day out in the heat!


Next I got the Flower and Tonic Mask - this mask claims to tightens pores and calm redness and sooth skin. I have a few masks that I really like but this one has become my new favorite. It is a green color which is always fun and it leaves my skin feeling softer and less irritated. This mask does not dry me out at all and I reach for this whenever my skin is extra red or irritated and it definitely calms it down.




I was in need of a new eye cream so I decided to try the Chamomile Eye Cream. I loved how this felt and was using it religiously but then my under eye and inner corner areas started to get extremely dry and flaky and sore but I am not sure if it was the cream that caused it or a new concealer I was trying out so I decided to take a break from this until my skin is back to normal and then I will try it again. 



The last thing I ordered was the Drying Lotion. This is a product that is used for blemishes. Do not shake this product!! As the directions state, you just dip a q-tip all the way into the pink area and then dab it onto your blemish. I have done this a few times and I put it on before bed and when I wake up in the morning my blemish is practically gone. I wouldn't necessarily say that this makes your zits disappear over night but it definitely makes them disappear faster and calms down redness and irritation.




It will take me a long time to run out of these products but let me know if there are any other Mario Badescu products that I should try! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment